Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Rinse and repeat. Alfa in America

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  PSk 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I like the Kamal. According to SM, it will get the i.8 liter aluminum turbo engine, a seven-speed DCT gearbox, and AWD. It will have runflat tires and no compact spare or jack. I would get rid of the tires and change to suv tires using a tire sealant which is a fluid polymer plastic. Since it will be built in a jeep plant, it should get a Mopar 409 stainless exhaust system. :D :cool:

#4 ·
i know that there are a million threads on alfa's return to america, but what will the cars start at in price for an entry level alfa?

are they going to be affordable to the "general public"?

i know that it depends on the model, but for an entry level alfa?

20k?

#12 ·
I paid $3300 for my 65? (6th one built anyway, don't really remember the year, maybe 64?) Sprint GT in 1967. While it had 10k? miles on it, it was better than showroom perfect, as the car had been repainted with umpteen coats of rubbed out paint, chrome redone to perfection, etc. Not a fly speck imperfection anywhere. That car was really ahead of it's time, with the above mentioned overhead cams, all synchro 5 speed tranny, power disc brakes all around, and full instrumentation, including oil temperature. Now that was typically what I've thought Alfa could turn out. It was a wonder to drive, being so in touch with the road it was on. I loved to find certain curves where I could set in in a nice stable drift from one side to the other.

I wish they would return to that sort of "driver's" car, rather than these electronic wonders, with monitor displays, etc. While the newer cars may go faster and handle better with all their electronic computerized help, I think that basic "driver's" visceral era is gone, gone, gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.